Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Acceptant of Others

Becoming a Wiccan is a personal choice for me and I don’t care who or what others think of me for doing this. I will continue my pilgrimage of knowledge and understanding into this magical world for me and no other. But I must say that, when people who are near and dear to me accept my choice it makes me good. Tonight I had a friend over, and we were talking about me becoming Wiccan. Her responds to it was and I quote, “I think it’s cool that you are doing this”. My son likes to joke about it, I get things like “the Harry Potter world is coming to my house or my mother is a witch, so be careful she doesn’t do a spell on you. Although he is joking about I know my son well and even if he doesn’t say it out loud or to me, he likes the idea. As for my husband, well he hasn’t said much about it, but he hasn’t stopped me from buying my books, or the journals that I used for my Books of Shadows or the pens that I need.

The only person I haven’t shared my news with is my 4 years old daughter, and at this point and her age I don’t think I could explain it to her so that she understands. Nicole (my daughter) goes to a Catholic school, this pass Easter she learnt about Jesus and what was done to him. And even this last week, she talked about how the people put Him on a cross and killed Him; she tells me often that she doesn’t like the people who hurt Jesus. How at this age could I explain to her that mommy is no longer following the same beliefs or that I am a witch now. And in her eyes and world a witch is the Hollywood witch, old with a pointed hat, that casting spells and turn little kids into frogs. Will I tell her, yes in a few years when she is ready for it.

Tarot for Today - The Two of Cups

No comments:

Post a Comment