Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Altar - How Does Set It Up?

The Altar is a very important tool to Wiccans. But the seems like there is no right or wrong way (like most things in the Wiccan religion) as to how and where you put it. It all depends on what each person wants and or is comfortable with. So it comes down to a few simple questions. Where, Which way and permanent or temporary. So let's talk out each of these questions one at a time.

Where - Well you can have inside or outside, maybe even go with both if you want and or have the room for it. I read that ideally a room of it;s own is best but anywhere works. 

Which Way - There are Wiccans who believe that the altar should face a certian direction. Where others believe that the direction doesn't matter.

Permanent or Temporary - Some Wiccans set up permanent altars in their homes, where others either don't have the room for this or they rather not have it where anyone to see it.

I personally would love to have permanent place for my altar once I get one going, but right now that wouldn't be a option for me. One, my home is getting a little crowded, and two, I have a 4 years old daughter who would want to play with or at my altar with her toys. So until I can have a permanent home for my altar, I will have to go with a temporary one/

Tarot Card for Today       -  X of Swords
Tarot Card for Yesterday - The World (reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment