Monday, May 30, 2011

Wiccan vs. Christianity

   I was reading about what God/Goddess do Wiccans  believe in and how most but not all Wiccan worship the same God/Goddesses. And I started to think to myself. In doing this, will I lose my believe in my God? I am at this moment in time a Roman Catholic, I was baptist, both my children have or are attending a catholic school, I have two crosses hanging in my home, I have a couple bibles, I believe in and love Our Lord Jesus. Can I keep my Christianity and become a Wiccan or must i choose one over the other. From all the I have read so far (and that is not a lot) about Wiccans, they are poeple who understnad nature and the divine, they celebrate all things living and all circles of life and has respect for all persons and they believes wheather they are Wiccans, Jews, Christians or Muslims. And with that being the case, I now as a Roman Catholic do all these things in my own way. Sure I don't have Rituals to mark the changing of seasons but I enjoy each season as they come, as a person I have always respected all  religions and the people who believe in them, and i've always believed that my Catholic God is the same as the Muslin or Jewish God, only by another name.

  The question is.... Do I have to give up my Catholic God and ways to be Wiccan or can I have both? If I must choose between them, how do I do that and which way will I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment