Friday, June 3, 2011

Wiccan vs. Christianity - Adding on

In an earlier post I ask if I could keep my Catholic faith and God and still become Wiccan. Well I think I just found my answer to it, and I'm very happy about it. Let me quote the web site that I found my answer on.

"Do You Need To Convert?

If you follow another religion, you may wonder if you need to "convert" to Wicca when you are a beginner.
The answer is, no.
Since Wicca doesn't have a formal dogma nor any higher authority than your own heart, there's nothing to convert.
If you want to be Wiccan, simply begin practicing.
There are many Wiccans who are also Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and have various other religious affiliations."

from the site of Wicca Spirituality = http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/ and the section I'm quote can be found here = http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/wicca-beginner.html

I can't even begin to explain how much this pleases me, I want to be Wiccan but keep my catholic faith. For my becoming a Catholic was a spiritual search for me, one that took many years and one that I have found rewarding since. But like many people in every religion, they and I have found my religion wanting. And I think that is one reason I have found myself at the doorstep to Wicca. Is it wrong to seek another religion? Is it wrong that I seek knowledge & understanding in Wicca? And why Wicca does one ask me.

It is wrong to seek another religion? Not to me. If you were handed beef on a plate every night for dinner with nothing else, no potatoes and veggies for years and years. Would it be wrong for you to look for something else to eat for after awhile. No, everyone would think you are crazy for only having the beef for so long. And after awhile of other things to eat you would want beef again someday.

Is it wrong that I seek knowledge & understanding in Wicca? No! When I started looking for God years ago, before my son was born. I looked at all different religions, United, Catholic, Jewish etc. There was many of them for sure, but Wicca was not one that I looked at. I never ever have it a thought. Then a few years passed and my son came along and of course every parent wants God in their children lives. So I continued my search, and like before I kept coming back to the same religion over and over again. So when my son was 4 years old, standing next to me, and my husband, sister and nephew sitting watching on, my son Robert and I were baptist into the Roman Catholic Church. Not a day has passed from then to now I have regretted it. But in the last few years I have found myself wanting in my religion, and with the internet and a friend who is Wiccan I found another religion, one that calls to me. One that I feel I need to answer to, so what if I find that Wicca is not for me. I will have had a pilgrimage of knowledge and understanding, I will be a better person for it. But as I sit here today I don't believe that I'm making a mistake or that Wicca is not for me. If anything with finding that I can keep my Catholic faith and still become Wiccan  it feels like the right choice for me. I can't explain it except to say that I'm starting to feel whole here.

No comments:

Post a Comment