I knew from my Wiccan friend that she had a Wiccan name, I remember the day she told me that her mentor (I believe that is who it was) had found her Wiccan name, she was so happy and excite and couldn't wait until he reveal it to her. By this point I was already thinking of becoming a Wiccan, and didn't like the idea of some one else picking my Wiccan name. For one thing I have a name that I have used for years, I use it online, and for any games that I play that I need a name for. The name has special meaning to me and when thinking about it, I though that I would want it as my Wiccan name as well. Well yesterday I researched "Picking a Wicca Name"and find some interesting information.
First off, a Wiccan name is really a secret soul name and holds a lot of magical, Often only used for rituals and shared only with loved one and people I have total trust in, like people of my circle. Second, one does not pick there Wiccan name it must be discovered. It is given to one when they decide to come to birth, given to us from the Divine. It is hidden under years and years since then, waiting for it discovery. So just siting down and picking a name is not the way. I have to spend time finding it, rituals and spellings, pay attention to everything around me, read my thoughts out daily, meditation is a very powerful tool in helping to find you Wiccan name. The Divine has sending my hints to my true name for a long time, I just haven't paid attention to the hints. And finding my true Wiccan name may not come to me over night. I may spend years searching for it.
Tarot Card today is = The Magician (reversed)
Welcome to my magical world. Here you can follow me as I search for knowledge, understanding and the differences between Paganism and Wican. As I learn and grow in the knowledge of these two worlds, journey with me as I find my way into a new religion and watch as I pick which way I will go. Share with me the ups and downs that I will have, and the road blocks that I must over come to find a spiritual life that I seek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is only one view on how a "Wiccan" or "Magickal" name is obtained. Often times a name is given by a teacher/mentor/or Priesthood from ones coven. Other times it presents itself to you through dreams, visions or other means. Some people will take a public Wiccan name and have a private name that they only use in ritual. I have both. I was given a magical name by the High Priest of the coven I was in at the time. However the name I was given by my teacher was a confirmation of a name I was given in a vision that I had about a month before. I also have a spiritual name that I only use it private ritual that nobody knows at all. So like Wicca itself there are many paths and ways of finding your magickal name. You will know if a name suits you... sounds like you have been getting the hints and are now ready to take it... that is a very exciting and moving time in your spiritual life. Blessings
ReplyDeleteRaiwvynn Dusana
P.S Not everyone has a magickal name. Some believe that their own name is the best magickal name they could have.
ReplyDeleteYou are right Raiwvyan, there is more then one view to getting/finding your magical name. I have ment to add then there, but I find my thoughts everywhere right now. It seems that I can't read the information fast enough, and often find myself jumping one one subject to another quickly. I know I need to slow my thinking and thoughts down but I'm so excited right now. It's like a huge door has open to me and I can't run through it fast enough. I want to read everything now, and start with everything yesterday. I think tomorrow I need to start working on meditations, hopefully that can help me, allow myself time to stop, to breath, to take things in, and allow it time to settle within me.
ReplyDelete